Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Potty Time

Dana,
We should get your little man and my little man together for some fweaking potty time! ;-)Liam has some interest - o.k. most of the interest is to get nakey! and to read books! and to use T.P. to wipe (wipe what I don't know!), and throw it in the potty and flush! The big draw... flushing! He accidentally went pee pee once on the potty (or should I say NEAR the potty or in front of the potty!). he was sitting reading a book (while I had to sit in the bathroom with him), and when he actually started to pee, he had to lean over and stand up to see what was going on! I think 2 or 3 drops landed IN the potty! UGH!
He LOVES the pull ups ("Go Go's"! with Diego from Dora the explorer on them, thanks to his sisters). His Physical Therapist realized a few months back that his diapers were actually splinting his hip joint, and when it was removed he didn't have very strong muscles and would fall a lot, so we try to have him go without a diaper periodically however.. he routinely pees on the floor! then comes to tell me he peed, and runs to show me, where exactly the WET spot is! yay! I guess that's better than not telling me.
Last week he was wearing big boy underwear (training pants, they at least help catch some of the pee pee), he came running in signing 'toilet' with no pants on, so I get up to follow him to the bathroom (which we have to have a door knob lock on so he doesn't flush something BAD - he put a sheet of bubble wrap in the potty last week and started to flush! YIKES! or go fishing), and I see something on the side of his face! YUCK!!!!!!! EW GROSS!!!!!!! so then I have to FIND the mess that he took off ALL by HIMSELF! luckily the worst part of the mess was on him and not the carpet. GROSS! GROSS!
GROSS! Bath Time!!!!!!!!!! Strange the things we think of as a lucky day!
(Yesterday he tried to flush a musical intrument bell shaker bracelet down my friend's toilet... that is what we pulled out anyway, we're not entirely sure if he did actually flush something else down... oh brother!)

No comments: